Pages

Friday, May 14, 2021

April 9 1915 


Dear diary I found a spot to write for maybe five minutes so I can write in my diary but it was hard.

I just arrived at Gallipoli today 1 day in and I already hate it.

After we arrived I watched almost all my mates I made on the way fall dead on the ground.

There were so many people that I was practically a needle in a haystack.

The bullets are still falling like rain even as I write every day could be my last.


Yours truly, Henry.







April 15 1915


Dear diary Haven't written in a few days. My best friend died two days ago so i'm quite sad.


Yours truly, Henry





April 20 1915


Dear diary lots lives have been lost while they were on the battlefield the other side dropped lots of bombs there's lots of flies surrounding the dead bodies.

We have had to move inland because it was almost unbearable. I could barely breathe.

Now that we've moved I can actually breathe. That's how bad it smelled much better now.

I got shot in the dominant arm so I got someone else to write this for me luckily I didn't have to get it amputated.


Yours truly, Henry





May 9 1915


I went back into the battlefield today. My wound is better now since my arm got shot. Some new recruits just arrived today unsurprisingly most of them are already dead. One of the new recruits that survived was a highschool friend of mine. Lots of lives have been lost. I wish the war would just end.


Yours truly, Henry


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post